Discover the wonders of Shiga! Experience sports, subcultures, history, and more! [Good Luck Trip]
Hello, this is Shimizu, editor of the 2017-2018 Good Luck Trip SHIGA issue.
This month’s cover story, titled “Discover the wonders of Shiga,” is filled with a wealth of exciting information on activities to try around Lake Biwa (such as cycling and fruit picking), manga and anime inspired pilgrimages, becoming a ninja for a day, traditional Japanese sweets workshops, and so much more! Take a 10-min train ride from Kyoto and you’ll find yourself in the historic city of Shiga where there are wonders aplenty to discover!
- Enjoy the breathtaking scenery of Lake Biwa (Biwako Valley)
- Pick and eat fresh bright red strawberries at Kafuka Strawberry Farm
- Visit Omi Jingu Shrine, from the manga “Chihayafuru,” and try on a hakama (traditional clothing)
- Become a ninja for a day at Koga-no-Sato Ninja Village
- Try making your own handmade traditional Japanese sweets at Kanou Shoujuan Sunai no Sato
Browse through the 2017-2018 Good Luck Trip SHIGA issue on your PC or smartphone by clicking the link below.