Takayama Furui Machinami Lantern Lighting
Historical Town Areas are Illuminated by Lanterns
In the clear and quiet winter air, lanterns illuminate this historical town in Takayama.
Visitors during the event can enjoy a taste of sweet sake and borrow hand lanterns and Japanese-style umbrellas as they take in the elegant scenery.
※Visitors can also take commemorative photographs on rickshaws during the event period.
Video of Takayama Furui Machinami Lantern Lighting
Overview of Takayama Furui Machinami Lantern Lighting
Basic information Takayama Furui Machinami Lantern Lighting
- Event Period
- December 16th 2016 through December 17th
- Lights illuminated between
- Kaminino Town, Takayama City, Gifu Prefecture
- Furui Machinami, Takayama City, Gifu Prefecture
- 12 minutes on foot from JR Takayama Main Line’s Takayama Station