Kyoto Arashiyama Hanatouro - 2018
Colored with “Light” and “Flowers,” an Early Winter View of Kyoto
The blend of magnificent flower arrangements, provided in collaboration with the Kyoto Ikebana Association, and lights, such as around 2500 LED lit open-air lanterns, creates a very Japanese aura through the lights and shadows. In tandem with Saga Arashiyama region’s natural beauty, by leveraging the magnificence of waterside spaces, bamboo groves, and historical cultural areas, the landscape is transformed into a beautiful scene.
The walkways from Nonomiya Shrine to Okouchi Sanso Villa, as well as Togetsukyo Bridge, will be illuminated, creating a beautiful and fantastical night scene.
Video of Kyoto Arashiyama Hanatouro
Pictures of Kyoto Arashiyama Hanatouro
Overview of Kyoto Arashiyama Hanatouro - 2018
- Event Period
- December 8-17, 2018
- Lights illuminated between
- 5:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. ※Rain or shine
- Nishikyo Ward and Ukyo Ward, Kyoto City, Kyoto Prefecture
- Saga Arashiyama Region, Kyoto City
- Directly off of both JR Sagano Line’s Saga Arashiyama Station and Hankyu Arashima Line’s Arashiyama Station