Tokyo Disneyland is a theme park based on works like Mickey Mouse by the American animator Walt Disney. The park first opened in 1983.
Also known as “The Land of Dreams,” Tokyo Disneyland is a magical place where both children and adults explore while wearing Mickey Mouse ears, and it is almost as if the adults can reexperience childhood! (Accessories such as Mickey Mouse ears can be purchased at stores in the park.)
Guests can meet their favorite Disney characters, and even take commemorative photos with them!
Every day top-notch quality parades and shows are put on in the park.
As they are themed after Disney stories, the park’s many attractions are fantastical and fun. They are also easy and comfortable, making them popular with people who dislike scary rides.
The interior of the park is designed to reproduce the world of Disney, which is enjoyable for children and students. Also, silhouettes of Mickey Mouse, known as “Hidden Mickeys,” are scattered throughout the park, hidden on the walls, ceiling, roads, and other places. Many people enjoy looking all over to find Mickey!
Aside from on strongly windy days and certain points of the summer, guests can enjoy firework displays every night in the park.
Basic information on Tokyo Disneyland
- 1-1, Maihama, Urayasu City, Chiba
- 2 minutes on foot from JR Maihama Station
- 0570-00-8632 (For international callers, please call 045-330-5211)
- Hours vary from day to day. See home page for details.
- Open every day
- 18-64 years of age 7400 yen. 12-17 years of age 6400 yen. 4-11 years of age 4800 yen. 3 years of age or younger free. 65 years of age and older 6700 yen.