Tokyo Disney Sea
Tokyo Disney Sea is a Disney theme park, based off of famous American animator Walt Disney’s characters.
Originally the park was just part of Tokyo Disney Land, but in 2001 Tokyo Disney Sea opened, built with the theme of “ocean,” and it is now its own separate park.
Compared to Tokyo Disney Land, Tokyo Disney Sea targets adults slightly more. In the evening, you can enjoy the night view of the park’s central lake, and you can also enjoy drinks at the park’s restaurants. (Tokyo Disney Land does not sell alcohol.)
Of course, however, there are many attractions for children to enjoy at Tokyo Disney Sea!
From the “Tower of Terror,” a thrilling ride with a cursed elevator that drops sharply, to enjoying the world of the Indiana Jones movies in “Indiana Jones Adventure,” there are a variety of exciting attractions to experience!
Guests can also meet with a variety of Disney characters and take commemorative photographs with them!
Excluding windy days and during the summer, there are also fireworks displays every evening.
Also, silhouettes of Mickey Mouse, called “Hidden Mickey,” are hidden on the walls, on the ceilings, on the roads, and in many other locations! Many people who visit the park enjoy searching for these surprise silhouettes.
Basic information on Tokyo Disney Sea
Tokyo Disney Sea
- 1-13, Maihama, Urayasu City, Chiba
- 14 minutes on foot from JR Maihama Station, or 2 minutes on foot from Tokyo Disney Sea Station
- 0570-00-8632 (For international callers, please call 045-330-5211)
- Hours vary from day to day. See home page for details.
- Open every day
- 18-64 years of age 7400 yen. 12-17 years of age 6400 yen. 4-11 years of age 4800 yen. 3 years of age or younger free. 65 years of age and older 6700 yen.