A retro-stylish eel specialty restaurant, in the posh and trendy neighborhood of Jiyugaoka.
Established in 1949, this local favorite has a long history of expertly handling eel cuisine. The shop also sells wholesale eel that’s fresh and affordable.
The shop has a simple long and narrow counter surrounding the kitchen. The intimate and classic décor will make you feel as though you’ve stepped into 70’s Japan!
Though they come with plenty of thick, juicy eel on top of the rice, popular lunch sets are available for very reasonable prices.
Also on the menu are skewers of whole eel that are baked fragrantly with the house-special sauce from head to tail, followed by drinks. Tasty salt-baked items also provide a simple and satisfying flavor.
- Delicious eel at reasonable prices.
- A house-special sauce that’s been passed down and refined over generations.
- Whole eel skewers are recommended.
- During lunch the eel bowl items are popular, while at night the restaurant transforms into a lively tavern with skewers and drinks.
- Name in Japanese
- Postal Code
- 1-11-5 Jiyugaoka, Meguro-ku, Tokyo
- Every Sunday, Second Monday of the month
- Business Hours
Saturday and public holidays 11:30am-2:00pm, 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Lunch 1,500-3,000 yen, Dinner 2,000-3,000 yen
- About a 1-minute walk from the Tokyu Toyoko Line and Tokyu Oimachi Line’s Jiyūgaoka Station
- Credit Cards
- Not accepted
Nearby facilities (spots,etc)
Ramen KASENWe are a ramen restaurant famous for our Chinese vegetable noodle with extra veggies.
NebutaA popular Izakaya tavern with a friendly proprietor
Otaru Shokudou HanabiA popular Izakaya pub where you can enjoy Hokkaido's local cuisine until the early morning
Salon Tamago to Watashi Jiyugaoka branchA popular rice omelet specialty restaurant with fluffy and delicious eggs
Carl's Jr. Jiyugaoka RestaurantJuicy Hamburgers From California
Jiyugaoka Sushi RinkaOffers an extraordinary counter-side dining experience to sip sake and savor top sushi.
Butakobo DonguriA restaurant with creative cuisine and wine that uses "Vejota", the best ranked Iberian pork
T’s RestaurantA natural food restaurant that does not use any animal derived ingredients
Maruei Pork CutletsA long-established restaurant, still continuing its own specialized cooking methods.