Rikkyo University Ikebukuro Campus
A picture-perfect University open for guests to explore
Here’s the Ikebukuro campus of Rikkyo University, a private Christian university. With an iconic ivy-wrapped, red-brick school building, this spot is known for its historic vibes and beautiful architecture. The main building and clock tower, along with other buildings have been selected at historic buildings by the city of Tokyo.
The Main Dining Hall boasts a stunning brick-exterior and high ceilings but is also open to the general public. Inside you’ll find a cozy air and vibe said to be reminiscent of the dining hall from the popular Harry Potter films. The menu features large portions at wallet-friendly prices that many visitors enjoy.
The historic Main Dining Hall building is open to the general public and a great spot for lunch.
At Christmas time you‘ll find illuminations that give off a reverent and festive air.
Campus boasts a number of historic buildings designated by the city of Tokyo.
Chapel is open to daily prayers and also holds pipe organ concerts.
Post a review and receive a scratch card!
Scratch the card to get coupons that are useful for traveling in Japan!
- Name in Japanese
- 立教大学 池袋キャンパス
- Postal Code
- 3-34-1 Nishi-Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo
- Sundays, holidays as well as some days during semester breaks
(1) approx. 7 min. walk to the University main gate from the West Exit of Ikebukuro Station on the JR Yamanote and Shonan-Shinjuku Lines
(2) approx. 7 min. walk to the University main gate from the West Exit of Ikebukuro Station on the Tokyo Metro Marunouchi, Yurakucho and Fukutoshin Lines
(3) approx. 6 min walk to the University main gate from the No. 6 exit of Kanamecho Station on the Tokyo Metro Yurakucho and Fukutoshin Lines
- Official Website
- Official Website (English)