Birth place: Kanagawa prefecture
Author Kenji Nishiyama - Ginza de Lunch's page
In addition to running an IT consulting firm, I spend my lunch hours scouring the nearby Ginza area for the best places to eat. Over the past several years, I've enjoyed taking in the ever-changing Ginza landscape while reporting on everything from luxurious 5-star restaurants, to old, family-run eateries.
- Middle Aged and Older
- Birth place
- Kanagawa prefecture
- Favorite food
- Wagyu beef, seasonal fish, unagi)
- Food I hate
- Eating, cars (Honda NSX-R enthusiast)
- What I’m good at
- Discovering delicious shops
- What I’m not good at
- Nothing in particular
- Where in Japan I recommend the most and why to travelers in Japan.
- Hokkaido. It’s a treasure trove of seafood! Crab, squid, salmon, sushi, and seafood donburi from other areas just can’t compare to those in Hokkaido.
- Favorite memory from traveling in Japan.
- Kyoto, Japan’s former capital. The scenery looks different with each season, and walking around there is such a grand experience.
- Must do activity for visitors to Japan.
I recommend stopping by the delicious shops in Ginza, one of the best areas for gourmet food in the world.
Don’t be swayed if a restaurant isn’t written about in guide books; try the stores that Japanese people are going into!