1. User Information to Be Collected, and Methods for Collection
For the purpose of this Policy, the term “User Information” shall refer to information related to the identification of Users, a behavioral history on the telecommunication service, and information otherwise generated or accumulated in connection with Users or their terminals, which are collected by the Companies under the Policy. In addition, the term “Personal Information” shall refer to information about a living individual that is collected through the Services and which can identify the specific individual by name, date of birth, or other descriptions contained in such information (including information such as that which will allow easy reference to other information, and will thereby enable the identification of the specific individual).
User Information to be collected by the Companies in the Services shall be classified as follows, depending on the method of collection:
(1) Information provided by Users
Information to be provided by Users for the purpose of using the Services, or through the use of the Services, shall be as follows:
- Profile information such as the name, age, and gender
- Information on Users hobbies and interests
- Contact information such as email address and postal address
- Information to be entered or submitted by Users through an entry form or questionnaire, or in other methods designated by the Companies
(2) Information provided by other services, when Users permit linkage with said other services in using the Services
If Users permit linkage with another service when using the Services, including social networking services, the following items of information will be collected from the external service, on the basis of User consent at the time of said permission.
- ID and email address used by Users in the external service
- Other information that Users permit to be disclosed to the linking destination through the privacy settings for the external service
(3) Information collected by the Companies while Users use the Services
The Companies may collect information on the situation of access to the Services, and methods of using the Services. Such information may include:
- IP address
- The type of the User browser, and operating software (OS)
- Web pages which Users visit immediately before and after visiting the Services
- Searches conducted in the Services
- Web pages and advertisements browsed within the Services, and links that are clicked on
- The information processing speed of the User computer, and information on installed software programs
- The click-through rates and the aggregated data concerning User video browsing
- Information on the server access log
- Cookies and other identifiers
2. Purposes of Use
The specific purposes of use of User Information in connection with provision of the Services shall be as follows:
- To accept registration for the Services, identify Users, perform User authentication, and record, maintain, protect, and improve User settings.
- To conduct questionnaires and campaigns.
- To provide information on services and products according to User hobbies and interests.
- To customize information, services and advertisement delivery on pages of the Services according to User age, gender, hobbies, and interests.
- To measure User traffic and behavior.
- To deliver and display advertisements, and measure effects of the advertisements.
- For the purpose of marketing research, statistics, and analyses.
- To create statistical data that is processed to become personally unidentifiable, which relates to questionnaire results and the situation and environment of the use of the Services.
- To respond to faults in system maintenance, and protect the security of the server and database.
- To provide information, and respond to inquiries relating to the Services.
- To announce revision of the Terms, etc., relating to the Services.
3. Method for Notification/Announcement or Obtaining Consent, Method for Requesting Suspension of Use
3-1 Users may, through the prescribed settings of the Services, demand suspension of collection or use of all or part of their User Information. In that case, the Companies shall promptly suspend such use in accordance with the provisions stipulated by the Companies. Notwithstanding the foregoing, with regard to some items of User Information of which the collection or use is prerequisite to the Services, the Companies shall suspend collection or use of such items only when Users withdraw from the Services by means of the procedures established by the Companies.
4. Existence of Cookies, and Information Collection Modules
- (1) To provide services that are customized for each User. This cookie is set when the User accesses or logs into customized websites.
- (2) To use advertising services provided by the following third parties for the purpose of effective advertisement delivery. The cookies shall be used only for the purpose of effective advertisement delivery that corresponds to User interests, and traffic analysis for advertisement delivery in the services operated by third parties, and shall not be used for any other purposes, including collection of Personal Information. If you wish to disable these cookies, please visit the following third-party website and follow the procedures for disabling them.
- Google Japan Inc.
5. Provision to Third Parties
The Companies shall not provide Personal Information from User Information to any third parties (including those outside of Japan) without the prior consent of the relevant User. However, this shall not apply to provision to third parties (including those outside of Japan) that is required in the following cases:
- If the Companies outsource all or part of the handling of Personal Information to the extent necessary for achievement of the purposes of use.
- If Personal Information is provided as a result of business transfer due to a merger, etc.
- If Personal Information is provided to third parties or information collection module providers under the provisions of Paragraph 4.
- If the handling of Personal Information is necessary for cooperation with a state entity, a local government, or an individual or a business operator entrusted by either of the former two, in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of the relevant User is likely to impede the execution of the affairs concerned.
- If provision of Personal Information is otherwise permitted under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (the “Personal Information Protection Act”) in Japan, and other laws and regulations.
6. Handling of Anonymously Processed Information
In order to use anonymously processed information (information obtained by processing the Personal Information to make it impossible to identify a specific individual, and to recover the Personal Information that was used for its production), the Companies shall comply with the Personal Information Protection Act and other related laws and regulations, and create anonymously processed information through an appropriate procedure. The Companies shall take appropriate safety management measures, and measures for the supervision of contractors for anonymously processed information, which are similar to those for the use of Personal Information. The Companies shall also comply with the Personal Information Protection Act and other related laws and regulations, and follow appropriate procedures to provide anonymously processed information to a third party, or to receive provision of anonymously processed information from a third party.
For items of information to be included in the anonymously processed information created by the Companies, items of information to be included in anonymously processed information to be provided to third parties, and the methods of provision, please click here.
7. Disclosure of Personal Information
If a User asks the Companies for disclosure of Personal Information under the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Act, the Companies shall promptly disclose the information to the User (or notify the User if the requested Personal Information does not exist), after identification of the User. However, this shall not apply if the Companies are not obliged to disclose information under the Personal Information Protection Act, or other related laws or regulations. Please understand in advance that a fee (JPY 1,000 per disclosure) will be charged for disclosure of Personal Information.
8. Correction and Suspension of Use of Personal Information
8-1 (1) If a User requests that the Companies correct Personal Information under the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Act, because said Personal Information is untrue, or (2) if a User requests that the Companies suspend the use of Personal Information under the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Act because said Personal Information that has been handled beyond the purposes of use that are made public in advance, or that has been collected by deceitful or other improper means, the Companies shall conduct necessary surveys without delay, and upon identification of the User, shall correct or suspend use of that Personal Information, depending upon the results of the surveys, and shall notify the User to that effect. If the Companies decide not to correct or suspend use of that Personal Information, the Companies shall notify the User to that effect.
8-2 If a User requests that the Companies delete their User Personal Information, the Companies shall delete that information upon identification of the User, and notify the User to that effect, but only in cases where the Companies determine that it is necessary to comply with that request.
8-3 The provisions of 8-1 and 8-2 shall not apply if the Companies are not obliged to correct, etc., or suspend use of that Personal Information under the Personal Information Protection Act, and other related laws and regulations.
9. Contact Information
If you have any opinion, question, complaint, or inquiry in regard to the handling of Personal Information, please contact us at the following:
- Address: Postal Code 150-0022 / 2-9-5−303, Sabi Shou South, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
- Bringer Japan Inc.
- Email: email@example.com
The Companies may revise the Policy if necessary. However, in the event of revision of the Policy that requires User consent under laws and regulations, the revised Policy shall apply only to Users who have accepted such revisions through the procedures established by the Companies. In the event of revision of the Policy, the date of implementation and content of the revised Policy shall be announced on the website of the Companies or in other appropriate methods, or shall be notified to Users.
11. Special Information Relating to Users Within the EU
11-1 The Companies may handle Personal Information of Users within the EU only when subject to performance of contracts, legitimate interests specified in “2. Purposes of Use”, or acceptance of the Policy by Users within the EU. If the Companies handle Personal Information on the basis of acceptance by Users within the EU, the Users may cancel such acceptance at any time. 11-2 The Companies may retain Personal Information during the period required for achievement of the purposes mentioned in “2 Purposes of Use” in connection with Users within the EU, or during a period specified in laws and regulations. When data no longer needs to be retained, the Companies shall promptly delete that data. 11-3 The Companies may retain User Information within Japan of Users inside the EU. 11-4 Users inside the EU shall have rights to restrict access to, or to correct, delete, or process their Personal Information as possessed by the Companies, rights in regard to data portability, and the right to raise an objection. Please contact us as set forth in “9. Contact Information” if you wish to claim rights in connection with your Personal Information.
[Established on October 31, 2019]