Verified [Verified] denotes information that has been published with confirmation of its owing parties.
Paradise in the Sky, Japan's No. 1 Starry Sky Tour (Star Village Achi)
A spectacular night tour at an altitude of 1,400m where you can see the most beautiful starry sky in Japan, certified by the Ministry of the Environment.
Achi Village in South Shinshu, a mecca for astronomical observation, was selected as the number one "place where stars can be seen most shining" by the Ministry of the Environment's continuous observation of the starry sky nationwide. At the ski resort "Heavens Sonohara" on the Fujimidai Plateau in Achi Village, "The best starry sky tour in Japan, a paradise in the sky" is held throughout the year.
The tour venue is at the top of the mountain at an altitude of 1,400m that can be accessed with a gondola.
While listening to the immersive guide of the Star Concierge, enjoy the starry sky that is said to be the most beautiful in Japan. The highlight of the tour is the time when all the lights are turned off at the end of the countdown and the star-filled sky appears. When the lights turn off and a shining starry sky appears, the venue is filled with cheers and a sense of unity.
Special events such as live music and film festivals will also be held during the period. You can enjoy the starry sky, video, and music together on the spacious lawn. If you want to enjoy the starry sky more, the night around the new moon when the air is clear is especially recommended.
A spectacular night tour held in Achi Village, a starry sky spot certified by the Ministry of the Environment.
You can enjoy the shining starry sky while listening to the Star Concierge's guide.
The moment is breathtaking when all the lights are turned off and the perfect starlit sky appears.
- Name in Japanese
- 天空の楽園 日本一の星空ツアー（スタービレッジ阿智）
- Postal Code
- 3731-4 Chisato, Achimura, Shimoinagun, Nagano
- 0265-43-3001 (Star Village Achi / Achi Hirugami Tourism Bureau)
- 2021/5/23 - 7/9, 9/26 - 10/8, 11/24 - 12/23 and 2022/1/11 - 1/21
- 2021/4/17 - 2022/3/26 Gondola operation: Ascent 5:00pm - 7:30pm（In July 5:30pm - 8:00pm, December to March from 6:00pm -）
- At the inns or websites of Hirugami Onsen or Gessen Onsen, purchase the ticket. High schoolers and older: 2,000 yen -, Elementary/Middle schoolers:1,000 yen -, Pet: 500 yen - (In winter Dec-March, pets not allowed) *Admissions vary depending on the day
1) From JR Chuo Main Line, Kami-Suwa Station, ride the Achi Hirugami Bus bound for Suwa (round trip / all reserved seats) for about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
2) About 10 minutes by car from Chuo Expressway Iida-Yamamoto Interchange.
3) About 20 minutes by car from Chuo Express Bus, Igara bus stop.
4) About 10 minutes by car from Chuo Expressway, Hirugami Onsen.
- Credit Cards
- Accepted (Visa, MasterCard, JCB) * Credit cards accepted online
- Official Website
- Official Website (Japanese)