MOL Ferry "SUNFLOWER"
Make a great memory of your trip via the very economical ferry between the Tokyo area ↔ Hokkaido.
The "SUNFLOWER" operated by MOL Ferry Co., Ltd. is a ferry that allows you to travel between Tokyo and Hokkaido at a very economical price. A new ship which went into service in 2017 (the evening ferry) has luxurious suites and relaxing, Japanese style rooms. With one-way trips available for 10,800 yen and the ability to depart around midnight, you can casually experience the trip.
It is just like a hotel with a gorgeous restaurant, a hot bath with a spectacular view and plenty of room. It's not just the travel time, but it becomes one of the good things on your trip that you can have some new experiences with the majestic scenery of the Pacific Ocean in the background and various events onboard.
Also, at each terminal of the SUNFLOWER, there is a translation system where operators can translate through videophones. Moreover, an automated translation machine called "ili PRO" is installed on the ship (the evening ferry). Rest assured that it can respond to English and Korean, not to mention Chinese.
- It is more reasonable than airplanes and Shinkansen, and children who younger than preschool age (those who have not started Kindergarten) are free.
- You can fully enjoy the magnificent nature of the Pacific Ocean at your own pace, the ferry ride itself makes you feel like you are traveling.
- A nice newly constructed ship with full onboard facilities and ability to hold various events.
- Their translation system can respond to Chinese, English and Korean.
- Comparing to airplanes, there is no restrictions on quantity or weight of luggage. Also, there are many free coin lockers (large and small sizes) available.
Cuz we had expenses control during our trip, so we decided to take cruise ship to Hokkaido for saving costs of accommodation.I thought it was a brilliant idea .Though the bed was small, it could fit my friend in as he was about 180~190cm tall. As for other facilities and TV programs, we just had no interest at all. But we did enjoy a Japanese bath-Furo and watched the sea view. That’s really good.
Learn more about 'MOL Ferry "SUNFLOWER"'
- Evening Ferry
Departure from Oarai Port at 7:45PM 〜 Arrival at Tomakomai Port next day 1:30PM (travel time: 17 hours 45 minutes)
Departure from Tomakomai Port at 6:45PM 〜 Arrival at Oarai Port next day 2:00PM (travel time: 19 hours 15 minutes)
- Night Ferry
Departure from Oarai Port at 1:45AM 〜 Arrival at Tomakomai Port same day 7:45PM (travel time: 18 hours)
Departure from Tomakomai Port at 1:30AM 〜 Arrival at Oarai Port same day 7:30PM (travel time: 18 hours)
- Evening Ferry fares
- Evening Ferry fares(English)
- Night Ferry fares
- Night Ferry fares(English)
- Internet Reservation
- Internet Reservation