“Echizen Fish Festival,” Held in Fukui Prefecture’s Largest Port City, Echizen
The Port of Echizen is famous for its Echizen crabs. This is where the largest fishing event in Fukuoka Prefecture, the “Echizen Fish Festival,” is held.
In September, the restrictions on fish caught by trawling nets are lifted, so this festival is held alongside the season where the widest variety of fish can be caught.
The festival is always bustling, with plenty of delicious fresh seafood at food stalls and fun events!
Echizen Food Stalls
Enjoy delicious seafood dishes, like yakisoba, ika-yaki (grilled squid), and kani-donburi (crab rice bowls)!
Fishing Boat Rides
Enjoy the view of the ocean from a real fishing boat!
(Ride lasts about 30 minutes)
- 10:00am~3:00pm (last boarding around 2:00pm)
- 500 yen per person (elementary school students and older)
Tengurimon Market sells fresh fish and shellfish from Echizen, as well as local agricultural products.
Children Only! Fish-Grabbing Event (Lottery)
During this event, children can try to catch hamachi (young yellowtail) that have been released into a special pool. If you catch a fish, you can take it home! (Limit 1)
- First round from 10:30am. Second round from 12:00pm. Third round from 1:30pm.
- Participation Fee
- 500 yen per person (participation limited to elementary school students)
※Event will continue even in case of rain, but changes may be made to the event contents and schedule depending on circumstances.
Basic information on Echizen Fish Festival
- Kuriya, Nyugun Echizencho, Fukui
- Kuriya Harbor Plaza, Echizen, Fukui Prefecture
- Sat., Sep. 7, 2019 - Sun., sep. 8
- 9:00 am - 3:00 pm