The Entire Mountain is a National Monument! Enjoy a 360° Panoramic View from the 580m Summit!
Mt. Omuro, or Omuroyama, is a beautiful mountain with a unique shape like that of a bowl with chopsticks resting on its side. The mountain was formed during an eruption about 4,000 years ago. There is a lift that goes up to the summit at about 1,000 meters, where you’ll find a promenade where you can enjoy a beautiful 360° panoramic view. Visitors can also enjoy taking part in archery down in the 70-meter-deep crater.
Climbing the mountain on foot is prohibited for safety reasons.
The color of the mountain changes with the seasons, from fresh greenery to autumn leaves to grey after the mountain is burned.
You can purchase soft-serve ice cream, snacks, and souvenirs at the summit.
Post a review and receive a scratch card!
Scratch the card to get coupons that are useful for traveling in Japan!
- Postal Code
- 1317-5 Futo, Ito City, Shizuoka
(1) Take the Izu Tokai Bus from the Izu Kyuko Line’s Izu-Kogen Station for about 20 minutes, getting off at Shaboten Park, then a short walk.
(2) Take the Izu Tokai Bus from the Izu Kyuko Line’s Ito Station for about 40 minutes, getting off at Shaboten Park, then a short walk.
- 500 yen for round-trip lift rides
- Lift Closed
- Lift inspection days (multiple days in June and December), and in the event of inclement weather
March 6th-15th: 9:00am-4:45pm
March 16th-September 30th: 9:00am-5:15pm
October 1st-March 5th: 9:00am-4:15pm
New Year’s Day: 5:40am-8:00am (tentative)
※Subject to change.
※Lift tickets are sold until 15 minutes before closing.
- Official Website
- Official Website (Japanese)