Showa Kinen Park
On Vast Grounds, Greenery and Seasonal Flowers Decorate this National Park
Grassy fields and water fountains, sports courts, gardens of seasonal flowers and trees to enjoy and pond shore vegetation to be appreciated are dotted throughout this park, roughly the size of 40 Tokyo Domes.
There are a variety of facilities where you can learn about coexisting with nature and plants, and many events and experience programs are also held here.
Inside the park, you will also find the Emperor Showa Memorial Museum, displaying materials gathered by the late Emperor Showa, who loved greenery.
The park grounds boast a Barbecue Garden, open-air restaurants and shops where you can savor meals in nature.
Admire cherry blossoms and tulips in Spring, water lilies and sunflowers in Summer, red leaves and fragrant olive trees in Autumn, as well as sasanqua camellia and plum blossoms in Winter.
On the 15,000-sq. meter Flower Hill, a carpet of poppies bloom in Spring, and cosmos in Autumn. .
Enjoy touching and smelling herbs at the Herb Garden located inside the Flowering Tree Garden. .
Appreciate Japan’s beauty in the Japanese Garden and nationally-operated Bonsai Garden. .
Kids can have fun on an adventure course and play equipment in the Children’s Forest.
In addition to light meals, limited-season treats and local souvenirs are on sale at the shops.
You can also move around this huge park by rental bicycle or park train, both of which are paid.
還有燒烤廣場 可以吃東西 有吃又可以欣賞到平常看不到的盛況 不錯
- Name in Japanese
- Postal Code
- 3173 Midori-cho, Tachikawa City, Tokyo
Adults (15 and over) 450 yen; Children (under 15) free; Silver (65 and over) 210 yen
*Facilities are separately charged.
*There are free park entrance days (posted on the Official Website).
- Available at 840 yen
- New Year’s Eve and Day; The 4th Monday of January and the following day
- Opening Hours
March-October: 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
November-February: 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
April-September: 9:30 am to 6:00 pm (Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays)
*The Green Cultural Zone (free area) opens at 8:30 am.
From Spring Equinox Day to March 31, the Zone closes at 5:30 pm.
*Due to events or performances, the schedule is subject to change.
*Opening and closing hours may vary, depending on the facility.
*All on foot:
(1) About 10 minutes (to the Akebono Entrance) or 15 minutes (to the Tachikawa Gate) from Tachikawa Station on the JR Chuo Line
(2) About 8 minutes (to the Akebono Entrance) or 13 minutes (to the Tachikawa Gate) from Tachikawa-Kita Station on the Tama Monorail
(3) About 2 minutes (to the Nishi Tachikawa Gate) from Nishi-Tachikawa Station on the JR Ome Line
(4) About 10 minutes (to the Akishima Gate) from Higashi-Nakagami Station on the JR Ome Line
(5) About 25 minutes (to the Tamagawa Josui Gate) or 20 minutes (to the Sunagawa Gate) from Musashi-Sunagawa Station on the Seibu Haijima Line
- Official Website
- Official Website (English)