COCO FARM & WINERY
Tipsy Lunches with Homemade Wine and Seasonal Flavors
Wine shop & cafe
Coco Farm & Winery started in the 1950s when a junior high school special education class and their teacher cleared land for a vineyard on the steep slopes of a mountain. Thus the disability support facility "Kokoromi Academy" was born; wine production began in 1984. The wine made here is 100% Japanese wine, made completely with Japanese grapes.
At Coco Farm & Winery we grow grapes without using any herbicides at all, and we primarily ferment our products with wild yeast and lactobacillus. Made using our own fastidious process that makes careful use of the characteristic flavors of grapes, our wine has such a premium flavor that it has earned unanimous praise from wine connoisseurs. It was even accepted in the 2000 and 2008 Summit, where it caused quite a stir among VIPs around the world.
At Coco Farm Cafe, visitors can enjoy such reserve vintages along with delicious cuisine to match their flavor. Accompanying all of the wines currently on sale, we also offer cuisine made with local produce and healthy ingredients such as fresh vegetables grown at Kokoromi Academy, fresh herbs, and Ashikaga Marc Beef. Our wine pairing menu contains a wide variety of items, from our weekday special lunch courses comprising of our seasonal ingredient based main dishes along with coffee, bread, salad, and an appetizer to our one-plate lunch, soup lunch, roast beef, and escargot. How about enjoying a magnificent lunch in the lovely atmosphere of our terrace while looking out on the vineyard? We also have a substantial takeout menu with sandwiches and more.
Reception for our Winery Tour (45 minutes for 500 yen) and Wine Tasting (500 yen) is located in the Wine Shop annex. No reservation is necessary, so feel free to register anytime.
Post a review and receive a scratch card!
Scratch the card to get coupons that are useful for traveling in Japan!
- 611 Tajimacho, Ashikaga City, Tochigi
- Telephone number
- Operating hours
- Wine Shop 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., Cafe 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (last order 5:30 p.m.)
- Days closed
- Closed on the eve and day of the November Harvest Festival, New Years Holiday (December 31st - January 2nd) and the five days from the third Monday in January to the following Friday.
- Accepted credit cards
- American Express, Visa, JCB, MasterCard, Diners Club
- 18 minutes by taxi from Ashikaga Station on the JR Ryomo Line. 20 minutes by taxi from Ashikagashi Station on the Tobu Isesaki Line.
- Official website
- Official website (English)