Westin Hotel Awaji
Take a moment to experience an authentic tea ceremony
Tea ceremony workshop
Awaji Yumebutai is a cultural resort complex surrounded by the ocean and abundant nature. At one corner of the complex is a tearoom designed by world class architect Tadao Ando where you can experience the world of the tea ceremony. How would you like to experience authentic tea ceremony practices while learning about the history of the art?
See an experience report for this facility!
It was nice to have the whole process explained first before doing it ourselves. The place was beautiful!
Learning the traditional tea ceremony
The tea ceremony demo with two guests gave the experience a lot more meaning and made it essier for us to do it after. The modern architecture exterior of Tadao Ando, contrasted with the traditional tea ceremony interior, made the experience more special.
I liked the explanations by the older silver-haired gentleman whose name I forgot. I also enjoyed the explanation of the different teas and different sweets.
The best experience!
Martin Collado Francisco Javier
The event in general
The full immersion into this Japanese culture was a delightful experience, and the sweets were very yummy.
Tea ceremony roleplay.
Beautiful hotel, the staff is super lovely and informative about the ceremony. Great experience!
- Name of facility
- Westin Hotel Awaji
- Name of experience
- Tea ceremony workshop
- 2 Yumebutai, Awaji, Hyogo 656-2306
- Business hours
Reservation required (reservations must be made at least one month in advance)
Time required: About 2 hours
- No holidays
27,200 yen (tax included)
* The price is for one guest in a group of four participants. This will differ depending on the number of people, so please check to confirm rates.
* This includes a complete set of equipment needed to take part in a tea ceremony in a tearoom for 2 hours.
* This includes an interpreter (for English).
- Accepted payment methods
- JCB, VISA, Mastercard, DC, UFJ NICOS, American Express, Diners Club
- Number of guests accepted (groups)
- 4 to 12 people
- Telephone number
Sales department Ken Yamazaki: 0799-74-1116
- Multi-language support
- Official Website
- Official Website (English)