Pola Museum of Art
One of the largest collections of impressionist paintings in Japan! A museum that coexists with the beautiful nature of Hakone.
The Pola Museum of Art is located in the middle of a forest in Hakone and is filled with greenery and sunlight. The museum was opened in 2002 to exhibit the artworks collected over a period of about 40 years by the second generation of Pola's founding family, Tsuneshi Suzuki. The museum has a wide range of artworks from Western paintings, Japanese-Western paintings, Japanese paintings, prints, sculptures, oriental ceramics, modern and contemporary Japanese ceramics, and contemporary art, with a current collection of about 10,000 pieces.
Of these, the museum has one of the largest collections of impressionist paintings in Japan, including Monet's "Water Lilies Pond," as well as works by Cézanne, Van Gogh, Picasso, and other famous artists. In addition to the permanent collection, the museum frequently holds special exhibitions and events, so keep an eye out for them.
In 2013, the "Nature Trail" was opened, where you can see beech trees and dwarf trees. You can take a walk along the approximately 1 km long path while listening to the chirping of wild birds and admiring small animals.
In addition, there is a restaurant with large windows that flood the restaurant with sunlight, creating an open atmosphere. The terrace seats are open on sunny days, so you can enjoy your meal in a relaxed atmosphere. Let's spend a moment being healed by art and nature.
The museum is located in the middle of a forest in Hakone and is bathed in natural light.
The museum has a collection of about 10,000 works.
The museum has one of the largest collections of impressionist paintings in Japan, including Monet and Cézanne.
There is a "Nature Trail" where you can enjoy forest bathing.
There is a restaurant where you can enjoy a meal with a view of the Hakone mountains.
Post a review and receive a scratch card!
Scratch the card to get coupons that are useful for traveling in Japan!
- Name in Japanese
- ポーラ美術館 Pola Museum of Art
- Postal Code
- 1285 Kozukayama, Sengokuhara, Hakonemachi, Ashigarashimogun, Kanagawa
- Admission (tax included)
Adults: 1,800 yen, 65 and older: 1,600 yen, University and high school students: 1,300 yen, Junior high school students and younger: free, Persons with disabilities and one accompanying person: 1,000 yen
※The number of visitors in the exhibition room is limited according to the crowded situation.
- Regular Closures
- Open every day ※Temporary closures may occur.
- Open Hours
- 9:00am-5:00pm (Admission allowed until 4:30pm)
(1) Take a 60-minute direct bus from Odawara Station on the JR and Odakyu Electric Railway lines and get off at Pola Museum of Art.
(2) Take a direct bus from Hakone-Yumoto Station on the Hakone Tozan Railway and get off at Pola Museum of Art (about 40 minutes).
(3) From Shinjuku or Ikejiri-Ohashi, take the Odakyu Hakone Highway Bus for approximately 2 hours to Senkyoro, where you can transfer to the sightseeing facility tour bus (bound for Gora Station/Yunesan) for approximately 3 minutes to the Pola Museum of Art stop.
- Credit Cards
- Official Website
- Official Website (English)