Verified [Verified] denotes information that has been published with confirmation of its owing parties.
Universal Studios Japan
An interactive dive into the world of movies, anime and games from around the world!
Universal Studios Japan, nicknamed “USJ”, is a large-scale theme park with entertainment for everyone, both children and adults alike. The park is separated into different areas, each with a different theme from popular titles across the world.
Among the attractions, the most popular include “Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey”, ranked the world’s best roller coaster for five consecutive years, “Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem” a thrilling ride of jumps and thrills while riding a special beagle, as well as “The Flying Dinosaur”, taking flight with a Pteranodon on an adventure of 360° turns and scream-packed fun.
To celebrate its 20th Anniversary, 2021 at USJ brought the opening of “Super Nintendo World”, an immersive extravaganza that takes you right into the world of your favorite Nintendo characters. From the Mushroom Kingdom and Bowser’s Castle to the setting of World 1-3 (Mount Beanpole), this area is filled with attractions from iconic moments in the hit game. There’s even a special Meet & Great area, the only place in the world where you can experience a fun chat with Mario and Luigi. To top it all off, there’s also an insta-worthy gift shop and café that’s sure to tickle your inner fan. Here’s your chance to explore the worldwide beloved world of Mario, up close for yourself.
- Information listed on this page is updated as of April 27th, 2021.
- All guests must adhere to park mandated safety protocols.
- Please make sure to check the official website “Operation Hours and Schedule” before visiting the theme park.
- Please travel at your own risk, in accordance with rules from your local prefecture or city of residence.
- Please note that shows and exact programming are subject to change.
- Please note that park entrance rates may change without prior notice.
Images used with permission from Universal Studios Japan
© Nintendo Minions and all related elements and indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.
WIZARDING WORLD and all related trademarks, characters, names, and indicia are © & ™ Warner Bros.
Entertainment Inc. Publishing Rights © JKR. (s21) TM & © Universal Studios & Amblin Entertainment JAWS TM
& © Universal Studios. JAWS TM & © Universal Studios.
Theme park features a wide range of attractions for people of all ages.
World famous entertainment gathered in one place.
The park layout is split by theme.
You can enjoy the world of popular Hollywood movies, anime and video games.
Take a closer look into the newly opened area ”Super Nintendo World”.
- Name in Japanese
- Postal Code
- 2-1-33 Sakurajima, Konohana-Ku, Osaka City, Osaka
- 0570-20-0606 (Weekdays: 9:00am–5:30pm/Weekends & Holidays: 9:00am-7:00pm)
- Fare (incl. tax)
<Single Day Ticket> 1 DAY Studio Pass: Adult (ages 12+) 8,200yen and up, Children (ages 4-11) 5,400yen and up, Seniors (ages 65+) 7,400yen and up, Discounted Studio pass for disabled guests: Adults (ages 12+) 4,400yen, Children (Ages 4-11) 2,900yen
<Afternoon Ticket Entry After 3:00pm> Twilight Pass: Adults (ages 12+) 5,900yen and up, Children (Ages 4-11) 3,500yen and up
- Park Closures
- ※Please be sure to confirm on the official site before arriving.
- Park Hours
- Differs by Day
- approx. 5 min. walk from Universal City Station on the JR Sakurajima Line (Yumesaki Line)
- Smoking Facilities
- Designated Smoking Areas Available
- Credit cards
- Official Website
- Official Website (English)