Hanano Miyako Koen
Full of Instagram-worthy spots!
Couples and families alike can enjoy the great outdoors at this park.
Mount Fuji can be seen right before your eyes at Hana no Miyako Flower Park, located in the vicinity of Lake Yamanaka.
There are free and paid areas inside this park. The free area features a vast field of 300,000 square meters, in which seasonal flowers and trees have been planted.
Tulips bloom in spring, from the end of April to the middle of May. August sees sunflowers from the middle to the end of the month, and September welcomes cosmos. With zinnia in bloom from July through October, flowers can be enjoyed in every season here.
In Seiryu-no-Sato, the paid portion of the park, there are many ways to have fun. Parents and children can enjoy playing with water play equipment in the square, beautiful flowers can be appreciated in the greenhouse, and a magnificent waterfall can be admired.
Taking advantage of this vast site, illumination events are held in the winter.
Taking a commemorative photo of seasonal flowers with Mount Fuji in the background is highly recommended.
The Yamanakako Tulip Festival is held from the end of April to the middle of May.
The winter illumination event is held from the end of November to the beginning of January.
- Postal Code
- 1650 Yamanaka, Minamitsuru-gun Yamanakako-mura, Yamanashi-ken
For Seiryu-no-Sato, the paid area of the park:
April 16 to October 15: Adults 500 yen, Elementary and Junior High School Students 200 yen
October 16 to November 30: Adults 300 yen, Elementary and Junior High School Students 120 yen
December 1 to March 15: Free
March 16 to April 15: Adults 300 yen, Elementary and Junior High School Students 120 yen
- Every Tuesday from December 1st to March 15th (except for the National and New Year Holidays)
- Business Hours
April 16 to October 15: 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
October 16 to April 15: 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
1. From Fujisan Station on the Fujikyu Railway, take the Fujikko Excursion Bus for about 30 minutes. Get off at Hanano Miyako Koen Bus Stop, walk about one minute.
2. From Gotemba Station on the JR Gotemba Line, take the Fujikyu Bus for about 50 minutes. Get off at Hanano Miyako Koen Entrance Bus Stop, walk about one minute.
- Official Website
- Official Website (Japanese)