Naguri Canoe Factory
A workshop where you can enjoy everything from full-scale canoe building to canoe riding.
This is a workshop where canoe making classes and canoe paddling classes are offered for the effective use of Nishikawa wood, a specialty of Hanno City. It is a spot where people can get familiar with nature, experience it, and discover the joy of canoeing.
Surrounded by mountains and full of nature, Lake Naguri is a beautiful place to have fun. You can enjoy fresh greenery, camping in the summer, autumn foliage season, and pond smelt fishing (called wakasagi) in the winter. In particular, there are canoe boats that have been remodeled for wakasagi fishing, which offers a unique fishing experience.
The canoe workshop also makes and sells canoes made of Nishikawa wood from Hanno, which is known for its high quality wood, but you can also rent the workshop and assemble a canoe kit. The kit costs about 100,000 yen. Even if you are a complete beginner, you can build a canoe with advice.
After completion, you can not only canoe at Lake Naguri, but the canoe will also be stored for you. First, let's try canoeing at Lake Naguri in an authentic Canadian canoe handmade by the craftsmen of the workshop!
Canoe boat for fishing.
Try your hand at making your own canoe.
Kukusa (wooden cup) polishing experience.
Canoe rowing class.
Post a review and receive a scratch card!
Scratch the card to get coupons that are useful for traveling in Japan!
- Name in Japanese
- Postal Code
- 1817-9 Shimonaguri, Hanno City, Saitama
- 2,000 yen for riding a Canadian canoe (500 yen per person for damage insurance is necessary).
- Business Hours
- 9:30am-4:30pm (Reservation-only)
(1) About 45 minutes by bus from Hanno Station on the Seibu-Ikebukuro Line. 30 minutes walk from the bus stop.
(2) About 50 minutes by car from the Sayama-Hidaka Interchange on the Ken-O Expressway.
- Official Website
- Official Website (Japanese)