Dogashima Cave Excursion Boat
Experience the mystic light display in the Blue Cave yourself.
Dogashima Island is described as Matsushima in Izu for its beauty. The best spot to see is the national natural treasure, Tensodo Cave. If you really want to enjoy it, hop on the boat that leaves every 15-20 minutes.
Weaving through the sawtooth coastline of islands, you will soon reach the entrance to Tensodo Cave. As the boat runs inside the cave, you will reach a spot with a more than 10m-wide opening like a skylight.
The light from the opening reflects on the seawater, and the light columns wave on the rock walls like magic! The water is deep blue, reminding visitors of the famous Blue Grotto in Italy. The boat stops there for a while. Don’t forget to take some shots of this wondrous space.
It is only a 20-minute excursion, but you will be 100% satisfied after seeing the mysterious scene fashioned by the light, the sea and the cave. Depending on the season, hour and weather, each trip give you a different look and sensation. In case of bad weather, the boat may be canceled. Check at the website or by phone before you go.
The magical scene created at Tensodo is a must-see!
Ride the boat that leaves every 15-20 minutes with no reservation.
Check the boat schedule by the website or phone before you go.
Post a review and receive a scratch card!
Scratch the card to get coupons that are useful for traveling in Japan!
- Name in Japanese
- Postal Code
- 2060 Nishina, Nishiizucho, Kamogun, Shizuoka
- Open every day *In case of bad weather, the boat may be canceled
- 9:30am-4:30pm (Due to Covid-19, it is changed to 10am-4pm as of November 2021)
- Adult: 1300 yen, Elementary children: 650 yen
1) From Izukyu, Shimoda Station, ride Tokai Bus bound for Dogashima and get off at Dogashima,
2) From Izuhakone Railway, Shuzenji Station, ride Tokai Bus bound for Matsuzaki and get off at Dogashima.
- Credit Cards
- Not accepted
- Official Website
- Official Website (English)