A yokai-themed cafe based on the manga “Gegege no Kitaro”
This cafe’s theme is based on the popular manga and anime “Gegege no Kitaro.”
It’s located in an old wooden building that was remodeled and then re-designed to capture the world of yokai (supernatural creatures in Japanese folklore that play a prominent part in Gegege no Kitaro). The cafe’s yokai-inspired theme pervades throughout every aspect of its design.
The cafe features sweets based on popular characters from Gegege no Kitaro, as well as other original menu items inspired by yokai.
There’s a shop and gallery connected to the cafe as well. The shop offers a wide variety of Kitaro-themed merchandise, as well as limited-edition items that you can’t find anywhere else.
Enjoy Japanese-style sweets based on characters from the manga.
The shop features a ton of Kitaro merchandise on display, which is fun to see even if you’re just looking.
They have a Kitaro statue outside that’s great for taking photos.
Post a review and receive a scratch card!
Scratch the card to get coupons that are useful for traveling in Japan!
- Name in Japanese
- Postal Code
- 5-12-8 Jindaiji Motomachi, Chofu, Tokyo
- Mondays (the next day when Monday is a National Holiday)
- Business Hours
- ~1,000 yen
(1) About 1 minute on foot from the terminal Jindaiji bus stop on the No. 34 bus bound for Jindaiji, a 15-minute ride from the No. 14 bus stop at the Central Exit of Chofu Station on the Keio Line.
(2) About 1 minute on foot from the terminal Jindaiji bus stop on the No. 21 bus bound for Jindaiji, a 15-minute ride from the North Exit of Tsutsujiga Oka Station on the Keio Line.
(3) About 3 minutes on foot from the terminal Jindaiji bus stop on the No. 65 bus, a 25-minute ride from the No. 3 bus stop at the South Exit of Mitaka Station on the JR Chuo Line.
- Credit Cards
- Official Website
- Official Website (Japanese)