Musashi Ichinomiya Hikawa Shrine
The Main Shrine of Hikawa Shrine Group, With 280 Shrines Across Kanto
This ancient shrine is said to have over 2,400 years of history. Musashi Ichinomiya Hikawa Shrine is the head shrine of the Kanto region’s Hikawa shrine group, which includes Kawagoe’s Hikawa Shrine, and it has a beautiful and majestic atmosphere.
The path leading up to the shrine extends 2km north and south from Nakasendo, and both sides are lined with beautiful zelkova trees. During hatsumode, or the first shrine visit of the new year, the shrine is packed with many worshippers.
- Main shrine of the Hikawa Shrine Group, with over 280 shrines across the Kanto region
- Beautiful zelkova trees line the 2km approach
- Adjacent to Omiya Park, a famous cherry blossom viewing spot
- Postal Code
- 1-407 Takahana-cho, Omiya-ku, Saitama City, Saitama
- No holidays
March, April, September, October: 5:30am-5:30pm
January, February, November, December: 6:00am-5:00pm
- About a 15-minute walk from the east exit of the JR Keihin Tohoku Line and JR Saikyo Line’s Omiya Station
- Official Website
- Official Website (Japanese)