Undersea Diving by the Shores of Kushimoto
Located in the very south of the Honshu region of Japan, Kushimoto is one of the finest diving spots in the country, and is home to the northernmost coral reef in the world. Kushimoto is home to over 20 diving shops, with courses available for divers of all skill levels. So whether you want the full beginner's experience, or you'd rather take a boat offshore and dive a bit more freely, there's something for everyone to enjoy.
See an experience report for this facility!
Our guide speaks English and carefully explains how to scuba dive for first timers and certified diving. The beach is a gradual decline from 1 to 6 meters. There is finger coral on the coast.
The instructor was very knowledgeable, with excellent English.
Instructor was great but we were not able to scuba dive!
The instructor’s superb English ability and knowledge and expertise gives confidence to the potential students.
Due to the condition of the ocean we were unable to actually try the experience, however, I’m very interested to go back on my own and try it this summer.
Post a review and receive a scratch card!
Scratch the card to get coupons that are useful for traveling in Japan!
- Name of facility
- Kushimoto Diving Association
- Name of experience
- Scuba diving experience
- Varies between establishments
- Business Hours
8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (Nanki Kushimoto Sightseeing Information Center telephone reception desk)
* Course duration will vary between shops and courses
- January 1st (Nanki Kushimoto Sightseeing Information Center telephone reception desk)
Diving experience 13,000 yen (2 and a half hours/1 dive)
* The above is an example. Prices vary between shops/courses
- Payment method
- Varies between shops
- Number of guests accepted (groups)
- Varies between shops and courses
- Telephone number
- 0735-62-3171(Nanki Kushimoto Sightseeing Information Center)
- Multilingual support
- Available in some locations
- Please make sure to bring a swimsuit, towel, and change of clothes.
- Official Website
- Official Website (Japanese)