Verified [Verified] denotes information that has been published with confirmation of its owing parties.
A Pilgrimage for the Popular Manga,
The Railway Crossing near the Enoden KAMAKURAKOKOMAE Station, a SLAM DUNK Pilgrimage
This is the location of the railway crossing that served as a model for the opening scene of Slam Dunk, a basketball-themed anime that has gained enthusiastic fans not only in Japan, but all over the world.
The best viewpoint is of the retro train passing through the railway crossing with the sea beyond the train tracks.
It’s right in front of KAMAKURAKOKOMAE Station on the Enoshima Electric Railway, also known as “Enoden”, running from Kamakura to Fujisawa.
There are many sightseeing spots along the tracks, such as the shrines and temples of Kamakura, as well as the Shonan Sea.
Why not enjoy having tea or a meal at a café or restaurant with a view of the sea?
This is a popular sightseeing spot for many fans of the original work who visit here.
Exit the ticket gate at KAMAKURAKOKOMAE Station, head along the seashore in the direction of Kamakura, and it’s right there.
Even if you aren’t a fan, you can enjoy watching the retro train run along the seaside as well as the Shonan Sea.
Enoden goods are sold at shops inside Kamakura Station, in front of Enoshima station, and in front of Fujisawa Station.
Important Points of Caution
- This is a regular road and railway crossing, so it is necessary to exercise caution in order to avoid causing accidents or trouble.
- Do not enter the railway crossing or stand on the train tracks.
- As you enjoy strolling and taking photos, please be considerate of the local residents and environment.
- Try not to stand for a long time, taking photos in public places.
- Please take away your own trash.
- Name in Japanese
- Postal Code
- 1-1 Koshigoe, Kamakura City, Kanagawa
- About 1 minute on foot from KAMAKURAKOKOMAE Station on the Enoshima Electric Railway (Enoden)