A place where the best features of Awaji Island swirl around you. The “Michi-no-Eki” closest to “Naruto whirlpools”
Michi-no-Eki (Roadside Station)
“Michi-no-Eki” are roadside stations located all over Japan, and serve as casual rest areas for drivers.
“Michi-no-Eki Uzushio” is also becoming an increasingly popular tourist spot. The reason for its popularity is mainly that it is the closest Michi-no-Eki in Japan to the famous “Naruto whirlpools.” At the Naruto Strait, located between Naturo City and Awaji Island in Tokushima Prefecture, occurs one of the three largest “Uzushio (whirlpools)” in the world. At “Michi-no-Eki Uzushio,” you can sometimes witness “Naruto’s whirlpools” through the telescope or from the observatory.
You can sit on the “Ottama Chair,” a bench modeled on the local specialty onion, and take a photo of yourself with the spectacular view of the Onaruto Bridge. They also rent out “onion wigs” for free, to take funny pictures you will never forget.
The gourmet foods of Awaji Island provided at “Michi-no-Eki Uzushio” are also one of the reasons for its popularity. You can have the award-winning “Awaji Island Onion Beef Burger,” and “ White Fish Kaisen-don (Sashimi Rice Bowl) - What’s Today’s Fish - ?” made only with white fish from the area. There is also a wide selection of local produce and souvenirs. Overall, “Michi-no Eki Uzushio” is a great place to spend some relaxing leisure time.
The closest Michi-no-Eki (Roadside Station) in Japan to the “Naruto whirlpools,” one of the three largest whirlpools in the world.
You can sometimes witness “Naruto’s whirlpools” through the telescope or from the observatory.
Take funny pictures on the ”Ottama Chair,” a bench modeled on an onion.
Enjoy Awaji gourmet foods made with local specialties such as onions, Awaji beef, and local fish.
A wide variety of local produce and souvenirs.
Post a review and receive a scratch card!
Scratch the card to get coupons that are useful for traveling in Japan!
- Name in Japanese
- Postal Code
- 947-22 Fukurahei, Minamiawaji City, Hyogo
- Business Hours
- Thursdays (we may be open extra hours during holidays and peak season), 12/31, 1/1
1) About 90 minutes by express bus from “Awaji Kotsu Shinki Bus Terminal” bound for Fukura (“Awaji Kotsu Shinki Bus Terminal” is a 5-minute walk from JR Kobe-line “Sannomiya” station). After getting off at the “Fukura Bus Terminal,” walk about 3 minutes to the “Uzushio Dome Nanairo-kan.” Take the free shuttle bus from “Uzushio Dome Nanairo-kan (Michi-no-Eki Fukura)” to Michi-no-Eki Uzushio.
2) 3km from Awaji Island Minami Interchange
- Official Website
- Official Website (Japanese)