Biwako Hakodateyama Mountain
In the summer, you can enjoy the flowers as part of the green season, and in the winter, you can enjoy the silvery white slopes of the ski resort.
Flower spot, ski resort
Renewed and reopened in 2020, Biwako Hakodate Mountain offers seasonal flowers in summer and skiing in the silvery white world of winter. You can take an 8-minute gondola ride while enjoying the scenery of Lake Biwa. Once you reach the top of the mountain, which is about 630 meters above sea level, you will feel a sense of freedom.
In the Green Season, there are some photogenic spots such aRs the “Furin no Yoshi Komichi” (Pathway of Wind Chimes and Reed) and the Rainbow Curtain, where you can stroll through fields of seasonal flowers such as petunias, kochia, and sunflowers. The views from the park's viewpoints are sure to soothe your soul. There are also cafes and restaurants, including LAMP, which specializes in parfaits, where you can relax and enjoy yourself.
In the winter, you can enjoy skiing or snowboarding on the slopes where a world of silvery white spreads out with a spectacular view of Lake Biwa below. Full rental is also available, making it an easy and fun place to relax and have fun.
In 2020, it was reopened as "Biwako Hakodate Mountain".
Beautiful flowers can be enjoyed in summer and skiing in winter.
A spectacular view of Lake Biwa from 630m above sea level is also an attraction.
Post a review and receive a scratch card!
Scratch the card to get coupons that are useful for traveling in Japan!
- Name in Japanese
- Postal Code
- Imazuchohiokimae, Takashima City, Shiga
Late March to late April, mid-May to mid-July, early to mid-September, early November to late December
Please check the official website to see when we are closed every year.
- GW period, summer season (mid-July to early September), autumn season (mid-September to early November), ski season (late December to mid-March)
- Opening hours
9:00am - 5:00pm
*Night gondolas are open from 9:00am to 8:00pm (check the official website for operating days).
- Gondola operation hours
- Uphill: 9:00am - 4:30pm (7:30pm on night gondola days), Downhill: 9:00am - 5:00pm (8:00pm on night gondola days)
- (return gondola ride and park entrance fee): Adults: 2,000 yen, children (elementary school students and younger): 1,000 yen, children under 3: free
- 20 minutes by bus from Omi-Imazu Station on the JR Kosei Line, and get off at Hakodate Ski Resort.
- Credit cards
- Accepted only at the ticket counter, parfait specialty store LAMP, the 2nd Hütte, and Hana terrace café
- Official Website
- Official Website (Japanese)