Meijo Park (Meijyo Park)
The park at the foot of the Nagoya Castle, the oasis for the residents.
The 198-acre comprehensive park is adorned with all-season flower beds, an open space with lawn, and Ofuke Pond with a view of Nagoya Castle. A baseball field, sports facilities and many more are providing recreation to Nagoya City residents. Meijo Park Flower Plaza has a bright atrium and sunroom illuminated by natural light, where a variety of flower and green exhibitions are held. A cafe is available so you can enjoy your tea time surrounded by flowers.
The Japanese iris and lotus bloom brilliantly in Ofuke Pond. Looking out towards the southwest of the iris garden, you can see Nagoya Castle towering above trees. (As of August 2021, the Castle is going through a wooden restoration which may prevent you from viewing)
The multi-facility, tonarino, facing Otsu Street is worth stopping by. A cafe, restaurant and bakery will offer you a moment to relax in the green nature.
The open lawn space at the center, the huge park is an oasis to Nagoya City’s residents.
Ofuke Pond overlooking Nagoya Castle and many other spots just make you want to take photos.
Meijo Park Flower Plaza with displays on flowers and greens.
A cafe and restaurant are in the trendy ”tonarino.”
Post a review and receive a scratch card!
Scratch the card to get coupons that are useful for traveling in Japan!
- Name in Japanese
- Postal Code
- 1-2 Meijo, Kita-ku, Nagoya City, Aichi
- Open every day *Meijo Park Flower Plaza: Mondays (If falls on a holiday, the next weekday is closed), The 3rd Wednesday of each month (If falls on a holiday, the 4th Wed is closed), Dec 29 - Jan 3.
- Open all the time (Meijo Park Flower Plaza: 9:00am - 4:30pm)
- Nearby Meiji Park Station of the Nagoya City Subway.
- Credit Cards
- Not accepted
- Official Website
- Official Website (Japanese)