Get Up Close to Animals for Free
Nogeyama Park is located up on a hill that looks out over Yokohama Port and the city, and it is also the home of Nogeyama Zoo. Opened in 1951, the zoo is home to around 450 animals across around 100 types, including giraffes, lions, and lesser pandas (also known as red pandas). A great perk of this zoo is that, despite being in the heart of Yokohama, admission is free! One of its more popular areas is “Nakayoshi Hiroba,” where you can interact with small animals like guinea pigs and mice. During the spring many people visit the zoo for cherry blossom viewing.
During “Animal Feeding Time,” guests can watch the animals eat and learn about them and their diets from the keepers. Please see official web page for times.
On weekends and holidays, guests need a 20-minute ticket to enter “Nakayoshi Hiroba.” Ticket not needed on weekdays.
- Name in Japanese
- Postal Code
- 63-10 Oimatsucho, Nishi-ku, Yokohama City, Kanagawa
Mondays (The following day if Monday is a holiday), Dec. 29th to Jan. 1 st
*Open every day in May and October
*Subject to change.
- Business Hours
- 9:30am-4:30pm (Admission allowed until 4:00pm)
(1) About a 15-minute walk from the JR Keihin Tohoku Line and Yokohama Municipal Subway’s Sakuragicho Station
(2) About a 10-minute walk from the Keihin Express Line’s Hinodecho Station
(3) About a 9-minute ride from Sakuragicho Station on the Yokohama Municipal Bus to the Nogeyama Zoo stop
- Official Website
- Official Website (Japanese)