Ikuta Ryokuchi Park
Tokyo suburb of the natural landscape area, equipped with cultural facilities of unique charms
Located in a corner of the Tama Hills, Ikuta Ryokuchi is the most representative greenery park in the suburbs of Tokyo. Within the park grounds covers a wide range of areas of woods centered by the perfectly kept sawtooth oak and quercus acuta (the Japanese evergreen oak), and precious natural resources such as wetlands and bubbling springs.
You can enjoy a rich variety of flowers and trees while seasons change. Especially from March to April, the park is crowded with “hanami”(cherry blossom viewing during full bloom) visitors. From the Mount Masugata Observatory, you can enjoy a panoramic view of distant Tokyo Tower, Tokyo Skytree.
The park is also equipped with many unique cultural facilities such as Taro Okamoto Museum of Art, Kawasaki and the Japan Open-Air Folk House Museum, both attracting a large number of tourists from Japan and abroad. Experience the planetarium at the Kawasaki Municipal Science Museum and check out original artworks from the creator of the Doraemon anime at the Fujiko·F·Fujio Museum. Also visit the Ikuta Ryokuchi Rose Garden, which opened to the public in spring and autumn.
The trail is built to make good use of the natural environment and terrain of the Tama hills, which is very suitable for hiking.
There are cherry blossoms and azaleas in spring, iris in early summer, maple in autumn and plum blossoms in winter. You’ll be surrounded with nature all year round.
You can take elevators to visit the "Mount Masugata’s Observatory” within the park, for a outlook of The Tokyo Tower, Tokyo Skytree and Mount Fuji
The D51-type Steam Locomotive is a popular photo spot. (displayed outside the Kawasaki Municipal Science Museum)
Ho Ho Lover.0113
Post a review and receive a scratch card!
Scratch the card to get coupons that are useful for traveling in Japan!
- Name in Japanese
- Postal Code
- 7-1-4 Masugata, Tama-ku, Kawasaki City, Kanagawa
- 044-933-2300 at Ikuta Ryokuchi East Gate Visitor Center (8:30 am-5 pm)
- Free (However, admission is charged for facilities such as museums located inside the park)
- Days Closed
- None (However, Ikuta Ryokuchi’s East Gate Visitor Center and West Gate Satellite are closed for the Year-end & New Year holidays)
- Open 24 hours (However, hours vary for facilities such as museums located in the park)
- about 13 minutes on foot from the South Exit of Mukogaoka-Yuen Station on the Odakyu Line (Please check the Official Website for other means of transportation)
- Car Parking
- Bicycle/Motorcycle Parking
- Official Website
Official Website (English)
*Besides English, there are also Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese and Korean websites