Hakone Komagatake Ropeway
1,783m-long (5,850 ft) sky walk linking Hakone-en by Lake Ashinoko and Hakone Komagatake Summit
The ropeway connects Hakone-en by Lake Ashinoko and Hakone Komagatake Summit, the 1,783m-distance, in 7 min one way. At the Summit 1,356m (4450 ft) above the sea, there is an observation terrace adorned with flowers and greens in season.
From the terrace, you can see Mt. Fuji, Shonan Coast, and Sagami Bays, Izu Peninsula, Suruga Bay, far into the Southern Alps on a clear day, and Lake Ashinoko, Motohakone and Hakone Town below.
Also on the Terrace, Hakone Mototsumiya is enshrined in the back of Hakone Shrine, famous as a power spot. The hall was built in 1964 and surrounded by Bako Stone, Bajo Stone where a god on a white horse is said to have descended, and many other historic remains.
Try visiting all three shrines - Mototsumiya, Hakone Shrine and Kuzuryu Shrine - if you have time.
1,783m-long (5,850 ft) ropeway linking Hakone-en by Lake Ashinoko and Hakone Komagatake Summit.
From the Summit, you can see Mt. Fuji, Shonan and Sagami Bays, and the Izu Peninsula.
Mototsumiya within the power spot, Hakone Shrine, is also on the Summit.
Post a review and receive a scratch card!
Scratch the card to get coupons that are useful for traveling in Japan!
- Name in Japanese
- 箱根 駒ケ岳ロープウェー
- Postal Code
- 139 Motohakone, Hakonemachi, Ashigarashimogun, Kanagawa
- 0460-83-1151 (Hakone-en)
- Open every day
9:00am (UP) - 4:20pm (UP), 4:40pm (DOWN)
* Starting at 9:00am, runs every 20 min every hour
- A round trip: Middle school and older 1800 yen, Children 900 yen
1) from Hakone Tozan Railway’s Hakone Yumoto Station, ride the Izu Hakone Bus bound for Hakone-en for an hour and 5 min, get off at the terminal and walk 1 min.
2) from Tomei Expressway Atsugi Interchange, drive about 1 hour
3) from Tomei Expressway Gotemba Interchange, drive about 45 min
- Credit Cards
- Not accepted
- Official Website
- Official Website (English)