Osaka Shinsekai Original Kushikatsu Daruma Shinsekai Main Store
A famous restaurant serving Kushikatsu, one of the most popular Osaka gourmet foods.
Kushikatsu is fried in Daruma's special original cooking oil making it light and easy to eat and does not cause stomach upsets like many heavy deep fried dishes can. The breadcrumbs used for the batter are very fine, thin and crispy. There are approximately 40 types of Kushikatsu available including beef, pork, shrimp, tomatoes, onions, and Shiitake mushrooms. The freshly fried Kushikatsu can be dipped in Daruma’s famous special sauce, which has taken many years to develop and perfect.
If you're wondering what to order, choose the set menu. In the standard "Sohonten set", you can enjoy 9 varieties such as beef, lotus root, sausage and the famous "Doteyaki" which is made by boiling beef tendon and Konyaku stewed in miso.
One thing to keep in mind when eating is the rule of "no double dipping"! The sauce is served in a container and shared with other customers for use, therefore, it is not recommended to dip the Kushikatsu into the sauce more than once. It's an important rule for everyone to eat comfortably. Please don't forget!
* Currently, sauce is served over the Kushikatsu for hygiene purposes (as of July 2021).
The most famous Kushikatsu restaurant in Osaka.
Reasonable prices, starting from only 132 yen per skewer.
It is forbidden to double dip Kushikatsu in sauce.
All-you-can-eat cabbage is included.
Post a review and receive a scratch card!
Scratch the card to get coupons that are useful for traveling in Japan!
- Name in Japanese
- 大阪新世界元祖串かつ だるま 新世界総本店
- Postal Code
- 2-3-9 Ebisuhigashi, Naniwa-ku, Osaka City, Osaka
- Open every day
- Business Hours
- 11:00am-10:30pm (Last order is 30 mins before closing)
- 1,500 yen-2,500 yen
1) 6 mins walk from Dobutsuen-mae Station on the Osaka Metro Midosuji Line
2) 6 mins walk from Ebisucho Station on the Osaka Metro Sakaisuji Line
3) 8 mins walk from Shin-Imamiya Station on the JR Osaka Loop Line
4) 8 mins walk from Ebisucho Station or Shin-Imamiya Station on the Hankai Denki Hankai Line
5) 13 mins walk from Shin-Imamiya Station on the Nankai Electric Railway Takano Line
- Credit Cards
- Not accepted
- Official Website
- Official Website (Japanese)