Delicious Shoyu Char Siu Ramen by Menya 7.5 Hz, Representative of Okinawa Ramen! (With information on the branches of Menya 7.5 Hz in Osaka and Tokyo)
Menya 7.5 Hz, a famous restaurant specializing in cooking Takaida ramen (a representative of Osaka ramen), opened its first branch in Okinawa in March 2016. Attracted by its growing fame in Okinawa, I came to enjoy the gourmet food.
What is the origin of the restaurant name and what is Takaida-Style Ramen?
The restaurant is named “7.5 Hz” because that the brain waves of people in a happy mood are allegedly to be at such frequency. The owner of the restaurant is confident that the brain waves of its customers will be at the frequency of 7.5 Hz.
Ramen Tips: What Is “Takaida Ramen”?
People who know the history of ramen are also aware that different areas in Japan all have their own unique regional takes on the dish. For example, Sapporo is known for miso ramen, Hakodate for shio ramen, Kyushu for tonkotsu ramen, Tokyo for shoyu ramen, and Nagasaki for champon. Takaida ramen is the representative ramen dish of Osaka style, which originated around Osaka’s Takaida.
On the day of my visit, I wanted to eat some meat, so I ordered a popular set meal including shoyu char siu ramen and heta donburi, which was priced at 980 yen, while Heta donburi was a bowl of rice topped with minced char siu.
Signature Ramen of Menya 7.5 Hz: Shoyu Char Siu Ramen
About 5 minutes later, a bowl of steaming hot shoyu char siu ramen, topped with large pieces of green onions and char siu that nearly full covered noodles, was served. It looked very striking!
The shoyu-flavored broth was not greasy and had an appetizing aroma of shoyu. The thick straight noodles were chewy. The scallions were also crisp to eat. With delicious noodles, tasty broth and huge amount, the dish gave high cost performance!
The heta donburi included in the set meal was made with minced char siu. The savory char siu paired well with cooked rice.
The delicious food was, of course, eaten out! Wonderful dishes!
Limited-Time Offer from Menya 7.5 Hz at the University of the Ryukyus!
- On the 5th, 7th, 15th, 17th, 25th and 27th of every month, the restaurant have offers on set meals. All set meals originally priced between 830 yen and 1030 yen are offered for just 750 yen!
- There are special offers for women on every Friday, when a small bowl of chuka ramen or shio ramen is available for only 500 yen!
Basic information on Menya 7.5 Hz
Menya 7.5 Hz at the University of the Ryukyus
- 190-1 Uehara, Nishihara, Nakagami District, Okinawa Prefecture
- About 15-minute taxi ride from Shuri Station on the Okinawa Monorail (Yui Rail)
- Opening hours
- The dates when the restaurant is closed are subject to change.
The following is the information on the branches of Menya 7.5 Hz in Osaka and Tokyo respectively.
Menya 7.5 Hz Umeda
- B2F, Osaka Station Second Building, 1-2-2, Umeda, Kita-ku, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture
- 5-minute walk from Higashi-Umeda Station of the Osaka Municipal Subway
- Opening hours
- 11:00-22:00 (Monday through Friday) / 11:00-21:00 (on Saturdays, Sundays or national holidays)
Menya 7.5 Hz Shinbashi
- 1-22-1, Nishi-Shinbashi, Minato, Tokyo
- About 8-minute walk from Shimbashi Station (Hibiya exit) on the Yamanote Line
- Opening hours
- 9:00-22:00 (Monday through Friday) / 9:00-15:00 (on Saturdays)
- Sundays and national holidays