Chiba Port Tower
A Beautiful Sunset over Tokyo Bay
Chiba Port Tower, which overlooks Chiba Port, is an iconic tower that stands 137.25 meters tall. From the 113-meter-high 4th floor observatory you can see Tokyo Skytree, Tokyo Bay, and a beautiful night view of Chiba Port’s factories that has been called one of Japan’s eight best nighttime factory views. The sight of the sun setting over Tokyo Bay is also stunning. Furthermore, if you are in the area you have to see “Diamond Fuji,” the view of the sun overlapping with the summit of Mt. Fuji and sparkling like a diamond. Diamond Fuji is visible October through February.
- The restaurant “SEAGULL KITCHEN” is located on the 3rd floor at a height of 109 meters, and here you can enjoy Chiba Prefecture’s “Koisuru-Buta,” vegetables, and a buffet seasoned with a house blend of herbs, all while looking out over Tokyo Bay.
- The 105-meter-high 2nd floor observation deck is a popular date spot and has been chosen as a “holy place for lovers.”
- A popular purchase from the port shop on the 1st floor is the special soft-serve ice cream, made with 100% Chiba-produced milk.
- There is a flea market held at Port Park Square on the 3rd Sunday of every month.
- Postal Code
- 1 Chuoko, Chuo-ku, Chiba City, Chiba
- 420 yen. Elementary and junior high school students 200 yen, pre-school children free
New Year’s holiday (December 28th-January 4th)
※Also may be temporarily closed in case of strong winds.
[June-September] 9:00am-9:00pm, [October-May] Monday through Friday until 7:00pm, weekends and holidays until 8:00pm.
※Last admission 30 minutes before closing.
- About a 12-minute walk from the JR Keiyo Line and Chiba City Monorail’s Chiba Minato Mirai Station
- Official Website
- Official Website (Japanese)