Hakone Gora Park Hakone Craft House
A hands-on workshop in Hakone Gora Park where you can make your own unique work of art.
A hands-on craft center located in Hakone Gora Park. You can try your hand at blowing glass, pottery, sandblasting, faceting, glass beads, pottery painting, etc. The staff will guide you carefully through all the courses, so you can enjoy them with no worries.
At the glass blowing workshop, you can blow and form molten glass, and mix colored glass to create glasses and small bowls with beautiful patterns. At the pottery workshop, you can choose between hand-rolling and electric potter's wheel to make your own original bowl or cup. The one-of-a-kind glass beads made by combining colors and patterns can be turned into necklaces and bracelets.
Pottery painting involves painting mugs, bowls and other unglazed materials with special paints in about 70 colors. Even small children can try their hand at pottery painting with an adult, making it a great family activity.
Some works can be taken home on the spot, while others, such as pottery and glassworks, can be delivered to your home after completion. Create your own original work of art with your family or friends, and make it a fun memory of your trip.
The museum is located in Hakone Gora Park.
A variety of courses are offered including glass blowing, pottery making and pottery painting.
The staff will guide you carefully through all the courses, so you can enjoy them with no worries.
Post a review and receive a scratch card!
Scratch the card to get coupons that are useful for traveling in Japan!
- Name in Japanese
- 箱根強羅公園 箱根クラフトハウス
- Postal Code
- 1300 Goura, Hakonemachi, Ashigarashimogun, Kanagawa (In Hakone Gora Park)
- Monday on September 6, 2021, Saturday on January 1, 2022, and Monday on January 17, 2022 (temporary closure for maintenance)
- Business Hours
- 9:00am-5:00pm (admission until 4:30pm, may vary depending on the season)
- Glass blowing: from 3,800 yen, electric potter's wheel: from 2,900 yen + firing fee: from 900 yen, glass beads: from 2,500 yen (accessories: from 400 yen) ※Admission fee to Hakone Gora Park is required (adults: 550 yen, elementary school students and younger: free).
(1)(To the main gate of Hakone Gora Park) About a 1-minute walk from Koen-shita Station on the Hakone Tozan Cable Car.
(2) (To Hakone Gora Park West Gate) 1-minute walk from Koen-shita Station on the Hakone Tozan Cable Car.
(3) Approximately 40 minutes by car from the Tomei Gotemba Interchange
(4) Approximately 35 minutes by car from Odawara-Atsugi Road Odawara-Nishi Interchange
- Credit Cards
- Accepted (JCB, TOYOTA FINANCE, VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Binance, Discover Card)
- Official Website
- Official Website (English)