Yushima Tenmangu Shrine
Famous for the Deity of Scholarship and Plum Blossom Viewing
Yushima Tenmangu Shrine, also called "Yushima Tenjin" or "Yushima Shrine", is well-known by Japanese people.
Famous for enshrining the deity of scholars, Michizane Sugawara, visitors come here to pray for success in school examinations, seeking work, or testing for qualifications.
The deity of scholars is enshrined here.
Writing your wishes for scholastic fulfillment in pencil is popular.
In the middle of February, when the plum blossoms are in full bloom, an Ume Matsuri, or plum blossom festival, is held here.
In November, a Chrysanthemum Festival is held here.
到湯島天滿宮前，會需要爬坡，可以先練體力及腳力，或當日練。 而且，有牛可以摸喔~ 也有漂亮的御守及御朱印(字體)。
- Official Name
- Yushima Tenmangu
- 458 AD *There are various theories about this.
- Postal Code
- 3-30-1 Yushima, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo
- No holidays
*There may be changes for the New Year's Holidays.
(1) About 2 minutes on foot from Exit 3 of Yushima Station on the Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line
(2) About 5 minutes on foot from Ueno-Hirokoji Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza Line
(3) About 8 minutes on foot from Okachimachi Station on the JR Yamanote and JR Keihin Tohoku Lines
(4) About 5 minutes on foot from Exit A4 of Ueno-Okachimachi Station on the Toei Subway Oedo Line
- Official Website
- Official Website(Japanese)