Arakurayama Sengen Park
A Popular Spot for Sakura Cherry Blossoms, a Pagoda and Mount Fuji
Notable Spots in Japan
Arakurayama Sengen Park is famous as a place to view the splendid scenery of the magnificent Mount Fuji with a pagoda dedicated to those who died in battle. Inside the park grounds, about 650 Sakura trees have been planted. In the spring, the picturesque Japanese scenery of cherry blossoms, the pagoda, and Mount Fuji can be seen. The superb views seen from this popular spot often appear in guidebooks introducing Japan.
To see this splendid scenery, climb the 398 stairs of the Sakuya Hime Stairway leading from Arakura Fuji Sengen Shrine to the pagoda. It is recommended that you bring shoes that are easy to walk in (there is also a footpath up the slope).
At the Sakura Matsuri held every April, many people come to see staged events while tasting local delicacies offered by food and drink stands.
- In typical years, the season to see Sakura is mid-April.
- Take photos of Sakura with the pagoda and Mount Fuji.
- Postal Code
- 3353-1 Arakura, Fujiyoshida City, Yamanashi
- No holidays
- Open all day
- About 10 minutes on foot from the Fujikyuko Line’s Shimoyoshida Station
- Official Website
- Official Website (Japanese)