Museum of Contemporary Art Tokyo
A museum in Kiba Park that focuses on the spreading of contemporary art
This is an art museum where you can really experience contemporary art. It regularly features exhibits with unique themes, including the “MOT Collection,” which features approximately 5,400 items that introduce the history of art in both Japan and overseas.
The museum’s art library features approximately 270,000 books about modern and contemporary art that are available to the public.
The museum is located in Kiba Park, so you can see the park’s beautiful scenery through the glass windows.
- Regular exhibits with unique themes
- Relax and enjoy the view of Kiba Park’s beautiful trees from inside the museum’s expansive halls
- Restaurant and café on premises
- Name in Japanese
- Postal Code
- 4-1-1 Miyoshi, Koto-ku, Tokyo (in Kiba Park)
- Varies by exhibit
- Mondays, other temporary closures
- Business Hours
- 10:00am-6:00pm (Last admission is 30 minutes before closing.)
(1)About a 9-minute walk from the B2 exit of the Toei Oedo Line and Tokyo Metro Hanzomon Line’s Kiyosumi-shirakawa Station
(2)About a 15-minute walk from the Tokyo Metro Tozai Line’s Kiba Station
- Official Website
- Official Website (English)