[Closed Down] Niku Meshi Akihabara Okamuraya
Slowly Simmered Niku Meshi with a Gentle Miso Flavor
This restaurant specializes in “niku meshi,” or meat on rice, serving dishes inspired by Meiji period gyu-nabe (beef hotpot) and the motto of “making a beef donburi that you can’t find anywhere else.”
Their specialty dish is their “niku meshi,” made by simmering cubed beef rib, tofu, konnyaku, and other ingredients for over 5 hours in a miso-based seasoning. Their “dera niku meshi” is topped with daikon and egg, and its plentiful serving size makes it very popular.
The restaurant is close to Akihabara Station and orders are quickly served up, so it’s the perfect stop for someone looking for a filling meal in a short period of time.
The delicious and tender meat here is simmered for over 5 hours.
Great portion sizes at a great value.
Made with cubed meat, unlike typical gyudon.
You can choose the quantities of rice and toppings.
Post a review and receive a scratch card!
Scratch the card to get coupons that are useful for traveling in Japan!
- Name in Japanese
- 肉めし 秋葉原 岡むら屋
- Postal Code
- 1F AKIBA426 Building, 4-2-6 Sotokanda, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
- Telephone number
- No holidays (only closed on January 1st)
- Business Hours
- 10:00am-11:00pm（L.O 10:30pm)
(1) About a 3-minute walk from the JR Yamanote Line, Keihin Tohoku Line, and Sobu Line’s Akihabara Station
(2) About a 4-minute walk from the Tokyo Metro Ginza Line’s Suehirocho Station
- Official Website
- Official Website (Japanese)