Verified [Verified] denotes information that has been published with confirmation of its owing parties.
Giant pandas are here to welcome you! With a variety of tours and attractions, you will also be able to rediscover the charm of animals.
Founded in 1978, this theme park has a zoo, aquarium, and amusement park in a spacious park of about 800,000 square meters. The zoo and aquarium are home to about 1,400 animals of 140 species, and visitors can take part in safari tours to see the animals in their natural habitat aboard the “Kenya train”. In addition, there will be a tour where you can feed herbivorous animals such as African elephants and giraffes, as well as a wide variety of other contents.
One of the best attractions is the Panda Love and Breeding Center, where giant pandas live. 7 pandas are living there as of 2021, and a baby was born in November 2020. The attraction is that you can watch the pandas' adorable gestures up close, not through a fence or window!
Also, don't miss "Smiles," a live marine show featuring dolphins and trainers, and "Animal Action," a fun performance by sea lions and other small animals.
After being soothed by the cute animals, the amusement park with its Ferris wheel, roller coasters, and go-karts awaits you. There are so many things to do that you can't visit them all in one day.
Seven giant pandas, including a baby, can be seen here.
You can also enjoy a tour where you can give treats to the large animals that live in Safari World.
You can enjoy not only the zoo and aquarium area, but also the amusement park area.
There are many menus featuring pandas and many other animals.
- Name in Japanese
- Postal Code
- 2399 Katata, Shirahamacho, Nishimurogun, Wakayama
- 0570-06-4481 (Adventure World Navi Dial)
- Irregular holidays (Check the official website for more details.)
- Business Hours
- 10:00am-5:00pm (depending on the season)
- One-admission tickets : Adult: 5,300 yen, Junior high and high school students: 4,300 yen, Infants and elementary school students: 3,300 yen, Ages 65 and over: 4,800 yen
- 10 minutes by Meiko Bus from Shirahama Station on the JR Kinokuni Line.
- Credit Cards
- Official Website
- Official Website (English)