Verified [Verified] denotes information that has been published with confirmation of its owing parties.
The fascinating museum packed with Keikyu’s real train cars, dioramas and hands-on engineer experiences.
Under the concept of “See, Touch and enjoy ‘the Real Things’,” the museum was opened in 2020, commemorating Keikyu Group’s 120-year anniversary. Inside, there are displayed and attractions such as the historic Keikyu Type 230 Deha car which ran from early Showa Period and repaired for two years, Keikyu Line diorama which depicts the scenery along the railroad, Railroad Simulation - a hands-on engineer experience corner - or My Train Factory for making crafts.
The Keikyu Museum is at the corner of Keikyu Group Headquarters 1st floor. Entrance is free, but some hands-on attractions charge a fee, such as Railroad Simulation and My Train Factory. Note that online reservation is required for entry / hands-on attractions as of 2022.
The Museum is directly connected to Yokohama Station via Porta underground shopping mall or Hamamirai Walk. You can also get there from Minato Mirai Line’s Shin-Takashima Station.
The Keikyu Type 230 Deha car which ran from early Showa is curated.
A 12m-long giant diorama.
The engineer simulator with the new 1000-type real engineer room and a video screen.
My Train Factory, a workshop for making crafts.
Online reservation is required for entry / hands-on attractions.
- Name in Japanese
- Postal Code
- 1-2-8 Takashima, Nishi-ku, Keikyu Group Headquarters 1F, Yokohama City, Kanagawa
- Every Tuesdays (Except for business days. If Tuesday falls on a holiday, closed on the following business day), the year end, New Years Day and some temporary days
10:00am-4:00pm (The exit by 4:30pm)
*Groups of visitors are replaced 3 times a day
- Free (*Some hands-on contents charge a fee)
1) From Minato Mirai Line’s Shin-Takashima Station, walk 3 min.
2) From each line’s Yokohama Station East Exit, walk 7 min.
- Official Website
- Official Website (Japanese)