Penguins Swim Through the City Sky!
This aquarium is built on the roof of a building in Sunshine City, a large-scale commercial facility in Ikebukuro. It is made up of three areas: “Sky Journey,” “Ocean Journey,” and “Waterfront Journey.”
In “Sky Journey,” the outdoor area, you’ll find an approximately 12-meter-wide overhanging tank called “Penguins in the Sky,” where you can see African penguins swimming around as if they’re flying over the city.
On the 1st floor of the main building you’ll find the “Ocean Journey,” where you can see a variety of sea creatures, making it feel like you’re walking through the ocean.
On the 2nd floor of the main building is the “Waterfront Journey,” where you can see creatures that live in rivers, lakes, and coastal waters.
The “Penguins in the Sky,” which look like they’re flying through the sky, are very popular
Various performances are put on by different creatures
- Name in Japanese
- Postal Code
- Rooftop of Sunshine City World Import Mart Building, 3-1 Higashi-Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo
- 2200 yen, elementary and junior high school students 1200 yen, children 4 years of age and up 700 yen, children 3 years of age and under free
*Subject to change.
- Business Hours
9:00am-9:00pm (Admission allowed until 8:00pm)
*The hours may change according to the season or events.
(1) About an 8-minute walk from exit 35 of the JR Yamanote Line, Tokyo Metro Marunouchi Line, Fukutoshin Line, and Tobu Tojo Line’s Ikebukuro Station
(2) About a 3-minute walk from exits 6 and 7 of the Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Line’s Higashi-Ikebukuro Station
- Official Website
- Official Website (English)