Hankyu Umeda Main Store
The department store that delivers the latest fashion, lifestyle, and gourmet.
With 13 stories above and 2 stories in the basement, this is one of the most prominent department stores in Osaka, housing gourmet, fashion, lifestyle, art and sports shops. From the 9th to the 12th stories, the 16m-high (52 ft) festivity plaza features markets and events from time to time. The artistic displays facing the concourse on the ground floor fascinate shoppers and pedestrians.
Founded in 1929, the building that couples a railroad station and a department store was rare in the world. At the Chandelier Table on the 13th floor, Mosaic art of dragon, Pegasus, lion, and Phoenix by Chuta Ito is restored that used to be in the previous Hankyu Umeda station concourse.
The Umeda store is known for its services. On the 6th floor for women’s clothing, Personal Styling Service is offered by the professionals on styling, hair, and make-up. If you are staying in the affiliated hotels in Osaka and purchased more than 10,000 yen (excluding tax), the goods will be delivered to your hotel’s front desk. There is a service to aid shopping for the elderly and disabled. Interpreters and Kids’ Room (childcare) will help with smooth shopping.
On the 13 floors above and 2 floors underground, gourmet, fashion, lifestyle, art, and sports shops cluster.
In the festivity plaza on the 9th floor, seasonal markets and events are held.
The artistic displays facing the concourse on the ground floor are fascinating.
Post a review and receive a scratch card!
Scratch the card to get coupons that are useful for traveling in Japan!
- Name in Japanese
- Postal Code
- 8-7 Kakuda-cho, Kita-ku, Osaka City Osaka
- Irregular holidays
- 10am-8pm (restaurants on 12th and 13th floors are from 11am to 9pm) *as of October 2021.
1) from Hankyu Osaka Umeda Station, walk 3 min.
2) from Hanshin Osaka Umeda Station, walk 3 min.
3) from JR Osaka Station, walk 4 min.
4) from Osaka Metro, Midosuji Line, Umeda Station, walk 2 min.
5) from Osaka Metro, Tanimachi Line, Higashi Umeda Station, walk 2 min.
6) from Osaka Metro, Yotsubashi Line, Nishi Umeda Station, walk 6 min.
7) from JR Tozai Line, Kitashinchi Station, walk 8 min.
- Credit Cards
- Accepted (Visa, MasterCard, JCB, American Express, Diners Club)
- Official Website
- Official Website (English)