Kawakami-An Head Shop Karuizawa
Enjoy savory soba noodles, various side dishes and local liquors in the modern interior with jazz music.
In a 15-min walk from Karuizawa Station, you will find a stylish soba restaurant near the Old Karuizawa Rotary filled with charming general stores and cafes. It stands at the entrance to the Old Karuizawa Ginza Shopping Street, a great location for a break. This popular restaurant has other shops in Karuizawa’s Harunire Terrace, Azabu and Aoyama in Tokyo.
It has an atmosphere like a sophisticated dining bar with jazz in the background for relaxed dining, and the terrace seats surrounded by greenery can be for guests with pets.
The soba noodles are made of stone-ground homemade coarse flour that adds extra flavor. They go well with their delicious tempura.
Of all the choices, Ten Seiro Jo (tempura and soba premium) for 2,299 yen is the best. Two pieces of big shrimp tempura along with vegetable tempura are very satisfying. You can have the 2nd plate of soba for 500 yen.
In-house soba miso for 803 yen, 3-kinds of tofu for 803 yen, and other sides come in a fun variety. Check out Shinshu’s local liquors and wines, too.
For lunch, tempura soba or duck soba is great. In the evening, taste the sides along with the local liquor or wine, finishing off with their proud soba noodles.
The stylish soba restaurant near the Old Karuizawa Rotary.
The popular restaurant has branches in Karuizawa’s Harunire Terrace and Tokyo.
In-house soba noodles are made of stone-ground coarse flour that adds extra flavor.
Ten Seiro Jo with two big pieces of shrimp tempura is so satisfying.
A great variety of sides along with the local liquors and wines.
Post a review and receive a scratch card!
Scratch the card to get coupons that are useful for traveling in Japan!
- Name in Japanese
- 川上庵本店 軽井沢 川上庵
- Postal Code
- 6-10 Karuizawa, Karuizawamachi, Kitasakugun, Nagano
- Open every day
- Business Hours
- 11:00am-9:00pm（L.O. 8:00pm）*Subject to change
- Lunch 1,500 yen - Dinner 3,000 yen
1) From Hokuriku Shinkansen, Karuizawa Station, walk fpr 15 min.
2) From Hokuriku Shinkansen, Karuizawa Station, ride the Seibu Bus for 10 min. Get off at Kyu Karuizawa bus stop and walk for 1 min.
3) From Joshin-etsu Expressway, Usui Karuizawa Interchange, drive for 20 min.
- Credit Cards
- Accepted (Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club, JCB, American Express)
- Official Website
- Official Website (English)