Sugamozizo Shopping Street
This Shopping Street, Known as the “Harajuku of Old Ladies,” is Fun for Young People Too!
200 shops line up along the 800m-long street, formerly known as Nakayama-do, offering distinctive sweets and clothes for reasonable prices. On the 4th, 14th and 24th of each month, the street gets even busier with celebrations. Smoking is prohibited in the shopping area.
Since many older people shop here, it’s become known as the “Harajuku of old ladies,” but younger people can also have a great time here – Sugamozizo Shopping Street features a lot of delicious gourmet treats and cute shops!
Famous for its gourmet “shio-daifuku”
Famous product “red pants” are said to bring health and happiness
Shopping district contains “Togenuku Jizou,” a nickname for “Koganji Temple”
Hosts 4 celebration days every month
- Name in Japanese
- Postal Code
- Sugamo, Toshima-ku, Tokyo
(1) About a 2-minute walk from the Kanezuka stop of the Tokyo Sakura Tram (Toden Arakawa Line)
(2) About a 5-minute walk from the JR Yamanote Line and Toei Subway Mita Line’s Sugamo Station
- Prohibited on the shopping street
- Official Website
- Official Website (Japanese)