A Popular Café with Japanese-style Sweets on the Toden Platform
This is a café featuring Japanese-style sweets located on the platform of the Tokyo Sakura Tram (Toden Arakawa Line) at Koshinzuka, heading for Minowabashi Station.
You can enter the shop without purchasing a ticket.
The signboard menu features Ohagi, a rice ball usually coated with Azuki, or sweet red bean paste. However, here is it coated with matcha, sweet white bean paste, soybean powder, or black sesame seeds. Savoring these flavors is part of its charm.
In season, you can try Yomogi mugwort or Sakura sweet bean paste versions, too.
They also offer a sweet red-bean paste soup called Oshiruko and Anmitsu, which is bean jam and fruit covered in syrup.
- Watch the Toden tram pass by from the interior of the café.
- Their Meibutsu Set features the most popular handmade Ohagi and freshly ground coffee.
- Yakisoba can also be added to the Ohagi set to make a meal.
- Postal Code
- 2-32-10 Nishisugamo, Toshima-ku, Tokyo
- Thursdays (Open Thursdays when they fall on the 4th, 14th, and 24th, then closed the following day)
- Business Hours
[weekends and holidays] 10:00am-6:00pm
- ~1000 yen
- On the platform at Minowabashi Station Koshinzuka Station on the Tokyo Sakura Tram (Toden Arakawa Line)
- Credit Cards
- Not accepted