Kappabashi Dougu Street
A Shopping Street with Anything You Might Need Related to Food
“Kappabashi Dougu Street” is a shopping district between Tokyo’s Asakusa and Ueno areas that extends around 800 meters from north to south.
It is an interesting shopping district, where around 170 shops all related to food items all gather, selling the obvious items like cooking utensils and tableware, as well as other things like restaurant signboards.
A large-scale tool festival is held annually in October, during which there are great sales and even lotteries! There are also food stalls set up during the festival, so you can enjoy delicious food too!
Outside of the festival period, most shops in the area are open Monday through Saturday, and most are closed on Sundays.
Most shops’ business hours are from 9:00am until 5:00pm.
- There are plenty of knives available that are used by pros
- High-quality food samples are popular
- Many items on sale
- Postal Code
(1) About a 5-minute walk from the Tokyo Metro Ginza Line’s Tawaramachi Station
(2) About a 6-minute walk from the Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line’s Iriya Station
- Most shops closed on Sundays
- Business Hours
- Most shops open 9:00am-5:00pm
- Official Website
- Official Website (English)