The National Art Center, Tokyo
One of Japan’s Largest Exhibition Spaces and a New Style of Museum that Offers a Bounty of Art-Related Information
This museum has no art collection of its own, instead it hosts various exhibitions featuring art from both within Japan and from abroad.
The museum spans a vast 14,000㎡ area, divided into 12 exhibition rooms, an art library, a restaurant, 3 cafés, and the museum shop.
The building itself was designed based on the concept of “an Art Center surrounded by green spaces,” and is worth stopping by even just for its wavelike glass facade.
Varied exhibitions not restricted to a single genre, from art masterpieces around the world to Japanese manga.
The art library has specialized books related to art.
The restaurant “BRASSERIE PAUL BOCUSE Le Musée” also serves dishes that are made in collaboration with exhibitions.
The museum shop “SOUVENIR FROM TOKYO” also sells Tokyo-esque designed items that are perfect for gifts and souvenirs.
Experience the forefront of Japanese art.
Post a review and receive a scratch card!
Scratch the card to get coupons that are useful for traveling in Japan!
- Name in Japanese
- Postal Code
- 7-22-2 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo
- 050-5541-8600 (Hello Dial)
- Varies for each Special Exhibition and Artist Associations’ Exhibition
- Every Tuesday (open on public holidays and compensatory holidays, but closed the following weekday), year-end and New Year’s holidays (December 21, 2021 to January 11, 2022)
※Last admission 30 minutes before closing
※Please check the official website for details, as hours may vary by exhibition
(1) Directly connected to Exit 6 of the Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line’s Nogizaka Station
(2) About a 4-minute walk from the Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line and Toei Oedo Line’s Roppongi Station
(3) About a 7-minute walk from the Toei Bus Roppongi Station stop
(4) About a 5-minute walk from the Toei Bus Aoyama Saijo stop
(5) About a 4-minute walk from the Roppongi 7-chome stop of the Minato-ku Community Bus “Chiibus” Akasaka circulation route
- Official Website
- Official Website (English)