Authentic neo-Chinese Cuisine, Fit for a King
TAIKAN EN is the authentic Shanghai Cuisine restaurant located on the 16th floor of the Hotel New Otani’s building, THE MAIN. It opened along with the hotel in 1964 and continues to receive acclaim from gourmet enthusiasts.
The Braised Whole Shark Fin is loved for its sumptuous plating, while the open kitchen design offers guests a delightful view of freshly roasted Peking duck, just a few of the creations from Master Chef Toshio Kuroiwa and team invited directly from China.
Banked with a dark, black interior and floor-length windows, this chic space offers a view of the 30,000-sq meter Japanese garden below and Tokyo Tower.
Carefully selected ingredients served as high-end, Chinese dishes.
Authentic flavors from Braised Whole Shark Fin to Peking Duck.
Rich wine selection assembled by sommelier choice.
A meal with an exquisite view of Tokyo.
Post a review and receive a scratch card!
Scratch the card to get coupons that are useful for traveling in Japan!
- Name in Japanese
- Postal Code
- Hotel New Otani Tokyo, The main 16F 4-1 Kioi-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
- Telephone number
- No holidays
- Business Hours
- Lunch 3,000-15,000yen, Dinner 10,000-30,000yen
(1) About 3 minutes on foot from Exit D of Akasaka-mitsuke Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza Line or Marunouchi Line
(2) About 6 minutes on foot from Exit 2 of Kojimachi Station on the Tokyo Metro Yurikamome Line
- Dress code
- No shorts, tank tops (sleeveless and collarless shirts), sandals, or similarly casual attire
- Credit Cards
- Official Website
- Official Website (English)