Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum
The Gateway to Art that All can Enjoy at a Museum in Ueno Park
Locally known as Ueno Museum since its opening in 1926, it has taken on the role of a temple dedicated to art.
Many exhibits showing famous works from both within and beyond Japan, such as special exhibitions, open calls and independently planned exhibits, are held here.
Using art as a medium, they are also putting effort into activities connecting people in their Art Communication Program, such as holding special art appreciation events for children and those with disabilities.
The building extends from 3 floors below ground to two floors above it.
This is a museum located in Ueno Park.
A wide variety of exhibits are held here.
The restaurant and museum shop also offer complete selections.
There is an elevator for wheelchair users.
Post a review and receive a scratch card!
Scratch the card to get coupons that are useful for traveling in Japan!
- Name in Japanese
- Postal Code
- 8-36 Ueno Koen, Taito-ku, Tokyo
- Varies by exhibit
- the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month (the next day if a national holiday falls on a Monday); for maintenance and during the New Year holidays
9:30am - 5:30pm
※ On Fridays during Special Exhibitions, the hours are 9:30 am to 8:00 pm.
※ Last admission is 30 minutes before closing.
(1) About a 7-minute walk from the park exit of Ueno Station on the JR Yamanote Line and JR Keihin Tohoku Line
(2) About a 10-minute walk from Exit 7 of Ueno Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza Line and Hibiya Line
- Official Website
- Official Website (English)